Let’s Get Moving!
At a certain age, individual attitudes towards the topic of health awareness and well-being changes its perspective. The commitment to regularly performing some sort of physical activity plays an important role in one’s health. Physical activity positively enhances our mood, and many illnesses can be prevented in adapting to a routine consisting of some type of physcial activity. Physical activity is closely linked to proper nutrition, stress management, fluid intake (2-2.5 liters daily), and the proper amount of rest and sleep.
Why is it useful?
- Regularly performing some form of sports is an excellent opportunity to just switch off for an hour, to become pleasantly tired, release tension, and, generally speaking, the dividend results in a higher quality of sleep. One awakes feeling reenergized, reinvigorated and refreshed.
- Additionally, sports are social activities which can help us meet new people and even find new friends.
What inspires physical activity?
- All of us can be affected by an impulse, usually from our surroundings. For instance, acquaintances recommend an opportunity, a popular form of physical activity, or an individual might just feel the need to change his or her lifestyle, because he or she might not feel comfortable in their skin, or an individual wants to be proactive and contemplates about the future, which he or she does not want to spend combatting illness. Also, one might start doing sports due to the health state or illnesses of others.
- Starting step-by-step is important! A health check-up might be necessary before starting any kind of sports, especially in the case of individuals who have not been doing any physical activity lately. Doing sports in a safe way must be learned, to know where the boundaries are, and doing so step-by-step is highly important, as this excessive energy in the beginning might lead to injuries.
- The human body needs time to adapt to physical activity and the whole change of lifestyle.
- If you have any known illnesses or previous injuries, your coach, physiotherapist, and doctor have to be aware of this.
A good coach and a good physiotherapist possesses the ability to offer non-verbal feedback and if necessary, intervene and change the course of training and workload. An continous dialogue between the coach and the athlete is needed, which is what makes sports safe and efficient.
What form of physical activity should one choose?
Certainly one that improves an individual’s circulatory system, heart and lungs. If doing sports by one self is suitable for us to be able to relax and contemplate, then swimming, walking or running will be the most ideal form of physical activity. Additionally, it is a good choice since one is able to decide the distance, pace and duration of the workout.
Joint or team sports also have their advantages. When we are in the company of others, we are able to motivate one another and ourselves, and we can enjoy physical activity with like-minded individuals. There are many opportunities to choose from in which to do exercises, from tennis through Latin dance and cycling to nordic walking. Additionally, yoga and pilates also help to achieve harmony in mind and body. The most important thing is to find the most suitable form of physical activity for you.
Feel free to join a course focused on spinal exercises. You will be surprised to learn, despite the contrary, you will use muscles that you were not even aware existed, and how much an easy exercise can make you sweat. You can also choose from a wide range of options regarding the use of a gym, including the supervision of a professional trainer, who will control your moves. 150 minutes of medium intensity workout keeps our mind and body fresh and reinvigorated.